Sefiras Ha'omer Schedule
|[Oct 21, 2016] Chief Rabbi Mirvis (Community Event)|
in Partnership with Shaarei Shomayim
Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis
"A Jewish Response to Our New Divided World"
Tuesday November 1
Shaarei Shomayim Congregation
470 Glencairn Ave.
Free if you register at www.mizrachi.ca
or $18 at the door
Please see flyer.
|[Oct 21, 2016] Mann/Lebowitz Granddaughter/Great Granddaughter (Mazel Tov)|
Mazal Tov to Aliza & Akiva Goldberg on the birth of a girl.
Mazal Tov to the grandparents Ruthie Mann & Mechel Mann.
Mazal Tov to the great grandparents Judy & Anschel Lebowitz & Chana Mann.
May the girl grow l'Torah l'Chupah Ul'maasim Tovim and be a source of Nachas to her family and all K'lal Yisrael.
|[Oct 21, 2016] Dr. Paul Socken CJN Article ||[Oct 21, 2016] Chol HaMoed Sukkos Hospital Visitation with the Rav |
with Rabbi Weber
For High School Boys
CHOL HAMOED SUKKOS
TO JOIN, PLEASE SPEAK TO R' WEBER
Please see flyer.
|[Oct 21, 2016] Very Good News Israel |
- Israeli researchers have discovered a key trigger for secondary cancer.
- Israeli hospitals are now treating sick Syrians as well as wounded.
- Israel’s work in gender equality has been recognized by a key UN organization.
- Israeli engineers have built the first of a new generation of speed boat.
- Shanghai hosted the first GoforIsrael conference outside Israel.
- Queen rocks Tel Aviv.
- 3D scans reveal the text of Leviticus in a 1500-year-old burnt Dead Sea scroll.
- Click here to see the 9th Oct newsletter on IsraelSeen, Ruthfully Yours and United With Israel with additional features on Health and Sport, . Also (TY Sandra) available in German and (TY Karen) available in Portuguese. TY also to Norbert for translating my blog “Israel is in Europe too“ into French.Please pass relevant links onto German, Portuguese and French-speaking readers.
|[Oct 21, 2016] Mishneh Torah |
Mishneh Torah (reading of Seifer D'varim) will take place at 9:00 pm on MOTZA"SH October 22.
|[Oct 16, 2016] Phillip Granddaughter (Mazel Tov)|
Mazal Tov to Francine & Milan Phillip on the birth of their granddaughter, born to their children Tamara & Jonny Bell (Ramat Beit Shemesh).
Mazal Tov to siblings Sara, Aharon, Nachman, Shira & Atara.
Mazal Tov also to the other grandparents, Linda & Trevor Bell (Yerushalayim) and to the great grandmother, Ruth Kirshenblatt.
May the girl grow l’Torah l’Chupa Ul’maasim Tovim and be a source of Nachas to her family and all K'lal Yisrael.
|[Oct 14, 2016] Weitz Grandson/Great Grandson (Mazel Tov)|
Mazal tov to Shaya and Laya Spitzer on the birth of a baby boy this week.
Mazal tov to the grandparents Jay & Karen Spitzer and Jeremy & Susie Weitz as well as to the great grandparents Lili Silberstein, Ruth Javasky and Harry & Sally Weitz.
May the boy be brought Libris Bizmano and be a source of Nachas to his family and all K'lal Yisrael.
|[Oct 14, 2016] JUDGE DAN BUTLER - Shabbos B'reishis October 29 (Shul Event)|
JUDGE DAN BUTLER - Shabbos B'reishis October 29
Clanton Park is grateful to Eric Starkman for once again honouring his father's memory by sponsoring a Scholar in Residence for the shul. This year, the renowned Judge Dan Butler will be our speaker.
Judge Butler will speaking four times over the weekend. Please see below for more details. Reservations for the luncheon are required by 12:00 pm on October 20, 2016 (rsvp via email - email@example.com). Please see prior email for more information about Judge Butler, cost of lunch,and payment.
- Shabbos morning drasha (post-Mussaf): Finding sparks of kedusha in a Wi-Fi world
- Luncheon (reservations and payment required): The 10 Commandments of a happy relationship: A Jewish view of decades in Family Court
- Seudat Shlishit (open to all): What has become of us in the 5777 years since Creation?
- Saturday night (@ the shul, 9 pm, light dinner, no charge): Your son has a half hour to live and your car is being towed away ... A simple Jew making the most of a bad day (Please note that this is Judge Butler's keynote talk and will be approximately 75 minutes long)
|[Oct 14, 2016] Kiddie Hakafos |
|[Oct 14, 2016] Wednesday Night Responsa Shiur (Shul Event)|
Please Join Rabbi Weber’s Responsa Shiur as they begin a new topic:
Electricity & Halacha: Alarms, Refrigerators, Shabbos Clocks & More
Wednesday Nights @8:30 P.M.
November 2 & 9
The Hirshman Home,
2 Harlock Blvd.
Men and Women Welcome!
Please see flyer.
|[Oct 14, 2016] Adler Grandson (Mazel Tov)|
Mazal Tov to Moishe & Chaya Adler on the birth of a son in Lakewood.
Mazal Tov to the proud grandparents Eli & Yaffa Adler and Rabbi & Rebbetzin Eli Yelen of Detroit.
Mazal Tov to the great grandparents Mr. Isser and Mrs. Esther Adler.
May the boy grow l'Torah l'Chupah Ul'maasim Tovim and be a source of Nachas to his family and all K'lal Yisrael.
|[Oct 13, 2016] Scholar in Residence: Judge Dan Butler Luncheon (Shul Event)|
The Scholar in Residence Shabbos with Judge Dan Butler is fast approaching immediately following the Chagim on Parashas B'reishis, October 29. For more about Judge Butler, please see the attached article
from Mishpacha magazine.
The RSVP deadline for the scholar in residence luncheon is 12:00 p.m. on October 20, 2016
. The cost of the luncheon for shul members is $25 per adult and $12 per child (ages 3 to 13 inclusive) with a maximum of $80 per family. For non-members, the cost is $30 for adults and $15 per child with a maximum of $100 per family. Those interested in attending are required to RSVP via emai
) or call the shul office. Please do not hit "reply" to this email to RSVP
Any reservations made after the deadline will be charged the non-member rates. Payment is required prior to the luncheon and can be provided (cash or cheque payable to Clanton Park Synagogue) to Yossi Salmon (151 Faywood Blvd), Manny Alter (27 Almore Ave.), Yonah Rothenstein (65 Clanton Park Road) or Isaac Kaplan (10 Midvale Road).We look forward to an excellent turnout for what should be a wonderful Shabbos afternoon together.
|[Oct 7, 2016] Yeshivas Bein Haz'manim |
SUKKOS YESHIVAS BEIN HAZ'MANIM
9:00 minyan & breakfast
Starting, Thursday, October 13th
Sponsorships are $125 per day.
To sponsor, please see Rabbi Weber, Irwin Diamond
or Yitzchok Kaplan.
|[Sep 16, 2016] Bikur Cholim |
Chaim (Chaim Ben Chanah) Tober is at home after surgery and welcomes calls and visits.
23 Yeomans Rd.
(416) 630-0002 (Home)
(647) 716-1836 (Cell)
|[Aug 4, 2016] TCN: 2016-2017 Schedule |
Credit Card Authorization Forms:
Membership | Tzedakah Fund
Suggestions? Comments? Please contact the webmaster!