Sefiras Ha'omer Schedule
|[Jan 22, 2019] Save the Date: Sunday, February 10 @ 9:00am - Sanctuary Renovation Update Meeting |
Further to my announcements on Shabbos following davening, I am thrilled to provide an update regarding our Sanctuary renovation. At a meeting this past Thursday evening, the Building Committee presented a detailed update and report to the Board on the project budget, timelines, scope and design, as well as provided the Board with a tour of the Sanctuary. While it is still a construction site, the newly designed ceiling with its retrofitted lighting, along with the drywall overlay design on the eastern walls look stunning, and we have much to be excited about as the Sanctuary renovation enters its last phase, which will include the finishings, e.g. painting, carpeting, railings, windows, etc.
I want to take this opportunity to thank our Building Committee for all their ongoing dedication and hard work on this project:
Save the Date: Clanton Park General Meeting - Sunday, February 10, 2019 @ 9:00am
On Sunday, Feb 10 @ 9:00am in the social hall all of our members are invited to a General Meeting where the Building Committee will present an update on the Sanctuary renovation, as well as provide a tour of the Sanctuary so that all our members can see how it is shaping up. We are currently targeting a completion date of end of March, and will provide a schedule update at the meeting.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
|[Jan 22, 2019] Clanton Park Tu Bishvat Seder - Event Recap and Pictures |
Dear Clanton Park Community,
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone who joined us for the Tu Bishvat Seder on Sunday evening in our shul, led by Rabbi Elan Mazer from Mizrachi Canada. On behalf of the shul, I want to thank Rabbi Mazer and Mizrachi for all their efforts in coordinating and executing the event.
It was a great turn out and it was beautiful to see families from across our community join us as we celebrated the Chag with a community-wide Seder, great food, wine and games for the kids.
A special thank you again to our sponsors who enabled this to be a free event for our 130 guests.
- Anshel & Judy Lebowitz to commemorate the yahrzeit of Judy's mother, Sara Freida bas Tolza, on the 16th of Shvat
- Ryvka Laiman and Family to commemorate the yahrzeit of Ryvka's husband, Menashe Laiman, Menashe ben Moshe Binyamin z”l
- Wellman and Tencer Families to commemorate the 13th yahrzeit of Menachem Mendel ben Avrom & Chana z”l
- Mordechai & Faigie Grunwald
- Yonah & Yonit Rothenstein
- Eli and Ahuva Edell
- Yitzchak & Chani Kaplan
- Jeremy & Susie Weitz
- Manny and Laila Alter
Finally, a special thank you to our event coordinators, Yossi Salmon, Yonah Rothenstein and Ahuva Edell for all their efforts.
Looking forward to many more Clanton Park community events.
Please find some pictures of the event attached to this email, enjoy!
|[Jan 21, 2019] Hashavas Aveidah |
Found: Money at Tu Bishvat Seder.
If you have any information, please contact Rafi Younger via email
|[Jan 20, 2019] Very Good News Israel |
- An Israeli nano-sized robot has been developed to clean tubes in the brain.
- An Israeli charity gives 8,000 school children a healthy breakfast every day.
- Israelis are helping tropical storm victims in the Philippines.
- Israeli students won a European competition for protein-enriched foods.
- Israel’s 2018 exports were at an all-time record.
- Israel received the largest-ever Japanese business delegation.
- Israel celebrates the New Year for Trees – Tu Bishvat.
|[Jan 18, 2019] Lichtman Aufruf (Mazel Tov)|
Mazel Tov to Aryeh Lichtman on his Aufruf this morning and his upcoming marriage to Tali Lyons.
Mazal Tov to Tali’s parents Chavie & Howard Lyons and Aryeh’s parents Harvey & Debbie Lichtman of North Miami Beach.
Mazal Tov to Tali's grandparents Dr. Yehudi & Ruth Shields and Faye & Anatole Tennenbaum of Lawrence, New York.
Mazal Tov to Aryeh’s grandparents Shirley & Murray Miner of Yerushalayim.
Mazel Tov to the entire Lyons, Shields and Lichtman families.
The Lichtman and Lyons families also want to thank all of their relatives, friends and family who have come from out of town to share in the Simcha!
May the wedding take place B'shaah Tovah Umutzlachas and may they be Zocheh to build a Bayis Ne'eman B'yisrael.
On the occasion of Aryeh’s Aufruf , Harvey & Debbie are inviting the entire shul to a Kiddush downstairs.
|[Jan 17, 2019] Shovavim Shiurim |
Rabbi Weber’s Men’s שובבים Series on הלכות ייחוד
Male, Female Babysitters & Maids
The “Husband in the City” Heter
Video cameras, Neighbours Checking in.
שבת פרשת יתרו Jan. 26th at 4:10
שבת פרשת משפטים Feb. 2nd at 4:20
Summary Material Provided
Please see flyer.
|[Jan 13, 2019] Very Good News Israel |
- Israeli scientists have discovered a major link to the aging process.
- An Israeli device dramatically improves post-CPR survival rates.
- An Israeli NGO helps African farmers grow high-yielding crops.
- The EU is funding development of Israeli satellites to monitor the climate.
- An Israeli startup is to irrigate 15 African countries including South Africa.
- Funding has been approved for 15 joint US-Israeli hi-tech projects.
- Both CNN and NYT recommend Israeli destinations to visit in 2019.
- A new mineral has been discovered on Mount Carmel.
|[Jan 11, 2019] K'vod Beis HaK'nessess |
Do you carry an Android phone which unexpectedly rings or dings during Davening?
Shtok is an app which will automatically put your phone on silent or vibrate while in Shul and revert to previous setting when you leave.
Please see website for download.
|[Jan 10, 2019] Rav's Wednesday Night Responsa Series |
לזכר נשמת Rabbi Yitzchok Witty ז"ל
Head, for 28 years, of Toronto’s Board of Jewish Education
Rabbi Weber Explores:
EDUCATION IN HALACHA
· Teaching Torah to Girls?
· Secular Studies.
· Evolution, Anthropology & Metaphor:
Drawing Educational Lines
· Gifted Students & Challenging Students
Rebbetzin Shulamit Witty’s Home
144 Clanton Park Rd.
Wednesday, January 16, 23 & 30 at 8:30 pm.
Please see flyer.
|[Jul 5, 2018] TCN 2018-2019 Schedule |
Credit Card Authorization Forms:
Membership | Tzedakah Fund
Suggestions? Comments? Please contact the webmaster!