Answers to Bereishis Quiz 2
Here are the answers to the Bereishis quiz from the Kislev 5766 Bulletin, by Dr. Leibe Warner:
1) Which man asked for a city to be saved and had his request fulfilled? Lot (19:18 - 21).
2) Where is honey mentioned for the first time? Yaakov sent to Yoseph (43:11).
3) Identify twice that the number 17 is mentioned.
Yaakov was sold at age 17 (37:2) and Yaakov lived 17 years in Egypt (47:28).
4) The number 100 is mentioned in connection with each of the three Avos. Identify each instance.
Avraham was 100 years old at the time of Yitzchak's birth (21:15). Yitzchak found "meah shearim" (a hundredfold) (26:12). Yaakov bought land for a hundred kesitahs (33:19).
5) Identify a passuk that ends with the two words "yayomer Yaakov". 32:28.
6) How many years did Yishmael live? 137 (25:17).
7) Where are teeth mentioned for the first time? Yehudah's blessing (49:12).
8) Identify a passuk that all its words end with the same Hebrew letter. (32:15).
9) Name three men who each had twelve children.
Should have read 12 sons! a) Nachor (22:20-24). b) Yishmael (25:12-15). c) Yaakov (35:22).
10) Identify two passukim that each contain five consecutive two-lettered words. (5:32) and (35:17).