Answers to Esther Quiz
Here are the answers to the Megillas Esther quiz from the Purim 5766 Bulletin, by Dr. Leibe Warner:1) What was the name of the wife of Haman?
2) How many sons did Haman have?
3) What food -- which is eaten on Pesach -- is mentioned in the Megillah?
4) The Megillah opens with two Hebrew words: "Vayehi Bi'yemai". How many times does this expression appear in the entire Tanach? (Hint: the answer is stated in Gemara Megillah.)
5) What was the name of Esther's father?
6) Name the man who told Achashverosh that Haman was planning to hang Mordechai?
7) Identify a passuk in Megilas Esther that we say during Havdalah.
8) Identify a man who name begins with the first three letters of the Hebrew alphabet.
9) What was the name of Mordechai's father?
10) There is a midrash that relates that of Achashverosh's 127 provinces, 100 were on the land and 27 were on the sea. The Vilna Gaon applies gematria to a certain passuk which hints that this is true. Identify the passuk.
10:1 (Mas = 100 and Ve’iyei = 27)